Clients that receive live-in care in the familiar and comfortable surroundings of their own home are likely to gain many advantages that are not available to people who live in residential care.
At Clarendon Live-in Care, our live in service is designed to be an affordable and stress-free way of caring for people whilst complementing their existing way of life. We support you or your elderly relatives with daily routines and the way you want to live in your own home.
Live in care can be very advantageous for older people. Live in services provide one-on-one, dedicated support and offer a far superior continuity of care. This helps give complete reassurance to people that use our services and their loved ones. Our live-in carers undergo thorough training and we always provide prospective clients with a profile of their carer before they meet, so we can ensure that there is a great match between client and carer.
People receiving care in the comfort of their own homes can benefit from a range of advantages that those in a residential setting do not experience:
Being cared for in the comfort and familiarity of their own home means your loved one is able to access many advantages not available in a residential care setting, such as:
- Holidays – Live-in care workers can go on holiday with their clients to ensure that they remain independent and cared for during their travels.
- Time spent with loved ones – People who are cared for in their own homes can entertain family and friends as often as they like and do not have to worry about visiting hours and other red tape. With our live-in care services, the worry and administration involved in visiting with the people you most care about is removed. This enables an increased level of human contact and conversation, both of which have shown to be highly beneficial to older people.
- Eases stress on family – The arrival of a live-in carer can often ease the pressures from loved ones of caring for an older relative. Once live-in care is in place, relationships between parents and children and spouses and partners can be more enjoyable as care responsibilities and the attendant pressures are removed.
- Pets – Live-in care enables people to stay with the pets they love and who provide so much comfort to them. Saying goodbye to a treasured pet can be upsetting and isn’t necessary with live in care.
- Hobbies – We know all too well the benefits of continuing your interests and hobbies into your golden years. Live-in carers help enable older people to carry on doing the things they enjoy and they can even be a valued companion in sharing hobbies and interests!
Living in care has so many hidden benefits and they are all part of enabling your loved one to remain engaged, active and positive throughout their later life. Family meanwhile can rest assured that hey are receiving the very best level of home care available.
Your live-in carer will be fully trained and background checked. We only employ people that are passionate about the work we do and who meet our strict recruitment criteria. We employ our live-in carers directly, meaning we do not source carers through third party agencies. The key things we look for in our carers are a compassionate nature and a willingness to work with us to improve the lives of the people we care for.