For residents of Kingston upon Thames, receiving care in your own home has several benefits over care homes. Here are some reasons why:
- Comfort and Familiarity: Being in your own home allows you to be in a comfortable and familiar environment, surrounded by your own belongings and memories. This can help reduce anxiety, stress, and depression and promote a sense of well-being.
- Personalised Care: When you receive care in your own home, you can receive personalized care that is tailored to your specific needs and preferences. Caregivers can work closely with you and your family to create a care plan that addresses your unique needs and goals.
- Independence: Receiving care in your own home allows you to maintain a greater degree of independence and control over your life. You can continue to do things that you enjoy and maintain a sense of autonomy.
- Cost-Effective: In many cases, receiving care in your own home can be more cost-effective than staying in a care home. This is because you only pay for the specific services you need, rather than paying for a package of services that may include things you don’t need.
- Better Health Outcomes: Studies have shown that receiving care in your own home can lead to better health outcomes, including a reduced risk of hospitalization and a faster recovery time.
- Reduced Risk of Infection: In a care home setting, there is a greater risk of infection due to the close proximity of residents. Receiving care in your own home reduces this risk and can help keep you healthy and safe.
For Kingston residents receiving care in your own home can provide a range of benefits, from increased comfort and familiarity to personalised care and improved health outcomes. It can also help you maintain your independence and sense of control over your life.