There are several reasons why live-in care can be a better option than a care home for some individuals:
- Personalised Care: With live-in care, the individual receives one-on-one personalised care from a caregiver. The caregiver can tailor the care plan to meet the specific needs and preferences of the individual. In a care home, care is often provided to a group of individuals with varying needs, and it may be difficult to provide individualized care.
- Familiar Environment: Live-in care allows the individual to stay in their own home or a familiar environment, which can be comforting and reduce anxiety or stress. In contrast, moving to a care home can be a significant adjustment and may lead to feelings of loneliness and isolation.
- Greater Independence: With live-in care, the individual can maintain greater independence and control over their daily routine, including meals, activities, and socialization. In a care home, there may be more restrictions on these aspects of daily life.
- Enhanced Companionship: A live-in caregiver can provide emotional support, companionship, and friendship, which can help reduce feelings of loneliness or depression. In a care home, residents may have limited opportunities for socialization and interaction.
- Lower Risk of Infection: Live-in care reduces the risk of infection from other individuals, as the caregiver is only providing care for one individual. In a care home, residents may be more susceptible to infections due to the close proximity of other residents.
- More Affordable: Live-in care can be more cost-effective than a care home, particularly for individuals who require more extensive care or have complex medical needs. In addition, live-in care can be more flexible, allowing individuals to adjust their care plan as needed.
If you or your loved one are interested in live in care, get in touch now with our dedicated care support team for a no-sales, no-obligation chat.